We are often asked what’s the secret to maintaining clean teeth. Our answer – good dental hygiene and regular visits with the Dental Hygienist.
Good dental hygiene is the most successful way of preventing long-term dental problems. It also ensures that any treatments you receive will be effective and long-lasting. Needless to say, it also helps to raise your general level of well-being.
A dental hygienist specialises in cleaning teeth and preventing diseases from taking hold. They will also help prevent the onset of calculus that leads to cavities, gum disease and more serious dental problems.
Here are some of the services that a dental hygienist will provide:
- Scaling and polishing to treat gingivitis (bleeding gums)
- Deep cleaning to treat periodontal disease (advanced gum disease)
- Advising the best oral hygiene routine for your teeth
- Identifying the potential source and treating bad breath
- Applying fluoride, fissure sealants and other strengthening agents to the teeth
and much more.
You will feel more self confident after a visit to a dental hygienist due to their role in advising on dental hygiene routine, teeth whitening and treating bad breath.
It is advisable that you see a dental hygienist every 4-6 months, however, you must have had a dental check up within the last 18 months before visiting a hygienist.
Book an appointment today and discover the secret for yourself.